If you’re a J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. customer and you need to bank on the go, consider the Chase mobile app that lets customers check balances, pay bills, transfer money and deposit checks right from a mobile phone. Chase recently added Zelle, a simple way to send and receive money to or from pretty much any U.S. bank. With the Chase app, which is available for Apple and Android operating systems, you can add a new credit card view to help you manage and monitor your credit-card account alongside your bank accounts.
Chase QuickDeposit, the app’s mobile check-deposit feature, makes depositing checks fast and easy, saving you from having to go to a bank branch or ATM. Follow these easy steps to make a deposit to your Chase checking account and start mobile banking today with the popular Chase app.
Chase QuickDeposit℠ Scanner: The Basics. Master the basics of our Chase QuickDeposit℠ Check Scanner service be learning how to see your activity, review returns, and create reports. Here’s how: Sign in to your account; Choose “Collect & deposit”, then choose “Deposit Checks” To see QuickDeposit activity, choose “Deposit activity'. Load your card – via Direct Deposit, Chase QuickDeposit SM on your mobile device, load cash or checks to your card at Chase ATMs, or load money at any Chase branch. Cash loads are limited to $4,000 per month. Flat monthly service fee of $4.95; Monitor your balance.
How to Make a Chase Mobile Deposit With Chase QuickDeposit
It takes only a few minutes to make a mobile check deposit from your phone using the Chase app.
Follow these steps to deposit a check using Chase QuickDeposit:
- First, download the Chase mobile app from Google Play if you have an Android smartphone, or from iTunes if you have an iPhone.
- Log on to the app with your Chase username and password. If you haven’t set these up yet, go to Chase.com and register your account.
- Endorse the back of the check and write “For Deposit Only” underneath your name.
- Tap the navigation menu at the top left of the main screen and choose “Deposit Checks.” If it’s your first time using the app, tap “Sign Up Now,” then review and accept the Legal Agreement.
- Select the account, such as a Chase checking or savings account, into which you want to deposit the check.
- Enter the dollar amount of your deposit without a dollar sign, and tap “Done.”
- In the “Check Front” section, tap “Take Picture” to turn on your mobile device’s camera.
- Put the check on a flat surface and make sure everything on it is clearly visible.
- Hold your mobile device in a horizontal position and make sure the check’s four corners fit inside the blue box.
- Tap the camera icon to take the photo.
- Repeat step eight to capture a photo of the back of the check.
- Tap the “Next” button, which will take you to the verification screen.
- Review all of the information and tap “Submit” if everything is correct.
See This: Chase Interest Rates: How to Get the Bank’s Best Rates
How Long Does It Take for a Chase Check Deposit to Clear?
Once you make your mobile deposit you’ll get an email from Chase confirming receipt. If you deposit the check before 11 p.m. EST on a business day, your funds should be available the next business day. Always keep the paper check until you see the available funds in your account, just in case something goes wrong. You’ll get a second email from Chase when the check is accepted — and if it isn’t accepted, you’ll get a notice saying why.
Once you’re notified that your check has been accepted, Chase recommends you destroy it immediately after the funds have been posted to your account. Before you do that, however, you might want to check with your tax professional or lawyer to see if there’s a reason to keep your checks.
Find Out: Here’s Your Chase Routing Number
Chase QuickDeposit Limits and Compatibility
Your Chase mobile-deposit limit depends on the type of account you have. Once you select the account you want to make your deposit to, your limit will appear below the amount field. You can open the note icon at the bottom of the deposit screen to find maximum daily and 30-day limits.
The Chase app is compatible with the iPad tablet, iPhone and iPod touch with iOS 7.0 and above. Android devices require at least a two-megapixel rear-facing camera, but Chase recommends a four-megapixel rear-facing camera with auto focus for the best performance.
Up Next: ATM Withdrawal Limits at Chase, Wells Fargo and 48 Other Banks
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank advertiser, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site may be compensated through the bank advertiser Affiliate Program.
Deposit checks with the Chase Mobile® app.
- Getting started
Use Chase QuickDeposit℠ on the Chase Mobile® app to deposit your checks and access your funds quickly.
Save a trip to the branch and deposit checks on your schedule, virtually anytime and anywhere.
Deposit checks securely from your mobile phone or tablet. We protect your information and never store your passwords or check deposit data and images on your mobile device.
How to get started
Watch how it works with this helpful how-to video.
Choose 'Deposit checks' in the navigation menu of your Chase Mobile® app and choose the account.
Enter the check amount and tap 'Front'. With our new 'Auto Capture' feature, the picture of the front and back of the endorsed check will be captured — or you can choose to take the pictures manually.
Confirm the details, submit and you're done.
Common questions answered
In the Chase Mobile® app, choose “Deposit Checks” in the navigation menu and select the account. Enter the amount of the check and tap 'Front'. With our 'Auto Capture' feature, the picture of the front and back of the endorsed check will be captured — or you can choose to take the pictures manually. Verify your information and submit your deposit. After you submit, you can deposit another check or view the receipt. You’ll get an email when your deposit is received — and another when it’s accepted. If the deposit is rejected, you’ll also get an emailed explanation. Remember to properly endorse the back of the check with your signature and 'For electronic deposit only at Chase.'
Deposits submitted before 11 PM Eastern time on a business day generally will be available by the next business day. Deposits submitted after 11 PM or on a non-business day will be processed the next business day. However, we may delay availability if we require further review of the deposit. Any information about delayed availability will be provided in the Secure Message Center, which is accessible in the main navigation menu.
After you complete your transaction, write “deposited” and the date of deposit on the face of the check. Please retain the marked check for two business days or until you receive our notification that your QuickDeposit has been accepted. After that time, you may destroy it.
Have more questions?
24/7 access to deposit funds
- Chase QuickDeposit℠ — Securely deposit checks from almost anywhere.
- Chase ATMs — Conveniently deposit up to 30 checks and cash at most ATMs.
- Direct deposit — Automatically deposit paychecks.
Pay bills quickly & conveniently
- Online Bill Pay — Pay rent, mortgage, utilities, credit cards, auto and other bills.
- Zelle® — Send and receive money from almost anyone with just a mobile number or email address.
Helpful technology that saves you time and keeps you in the know
Chase Quick Deposit User Guide
- Paperless statements — Digitally access up to 7 years of statements.
- Account alerts — Monitor finances, avoid overdrafts and more.
- Chase text banking — Check balances and transaction history with a text.