- Cosi Fan Tutte Opera Despina
- Cosi Fan Tutte Opera Length
- Cosi Fan Tutte Opera De Lyon 2011
- Cosi Fan Tutte Opera Krakowska
Cosi fan Tutte Libretto: An Opera in Two Acts Lorenzo da Ponte, Ruth Martin, Thomas Martin, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart on Amazon.com.FREE. shipping on qualifying offers. Cosi fan Tutte Libretto: An Opera in Two Acts.
Apparently Mozart had an extreme dislike for the soprano Adriana Ferrarese del Bene, for whom the role of Fiordiligi was first created. She had a strange tendency to drop her chin and throw back her head while singing low and high notes respectively, and knowing this, Mozart chose to fill her showpiece aria (“Come scoglio”) with constant harmonic leaps. Presumably he took great pleasure in watching her bob her head “like a chicken”.
While one typically sees the title Così fan tutte attributed to this opera, and translated as “Women are like that”, the full title is actually Così fan tutte, ossia La scuola degli amanti or “Thus do they all, or The School for Lovers”.
Così fan tutte has often been called the perfect “ensemble opera”. This is due to the fact that among the small cast, the six roles are almost equal in weight and importance to the piece, thus making this an opera without the traditional “leading lady”.
Mozart’s own life bears a slight resemblance to the drama of Così fan tutte. A few years before marrying Constanze Weber, he was enamored with her sister Aloysia.
You might know that the storyline of this opera was considered quite scandalous in the 19th and early 20th centuries, and was only performed with an altered plot or accompanied by a public apology for the content. Interestingly enough, the Romantic composer Beethoven, a great admirer of Mozart’s work, is said to have written Così fan tutte off as “immoral”.
- Mozart may be the only composer who is also namesake to a frog. The species Eleutherodactylus amadeus was named in 1987.
Mozart’s gleeful dissection of the highs and lows of young love, filmed at Glasgow’s Theatre Royal in a concert performance with a twist.
Two sisters, their lovers, and a man with a point to prove about fickle young couples… Social experiment? Reality TV show? Director Roxana Haines (La bohème, Fox-tot!) reimagines Mozart’s exuberant comedy of infidelities as a game for today, in which lovers’ loyalties are put to the ultimate test.
Cosi Fan Tutte Opera Despina
Sharp and witty, yet full of humanity, Mozart’s sparkling score captures the foursome’s joys and heartaches in some of his most captivating music.
Cosi Fan Tutte Opera Length
Scottish Opera’s four 2020/21 Emerging Artist singers – soprano Catriona Hewitson, mezzo-soprano Margo Arsane, tenor Shengzhi Ren and baritone Arthur Bruce – take central roles, alongside Charlie Drummond (Emerging Artist 2019/20) and Jette Parker Young Artist Michael Mofidian. Music Director Stuart Stratford conducts The Orchestra of Scottish Opera and chorus.
Cosi Fan Tutte Opera De Lyon 2011
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Cosi fan tutteLibretto by Lorenzo da PonteFiordiligi. Gundula JanowitzDorabella. Christa LudwigDespina. Olivera Miljakovic.
- Don Alfonso has won the bet and he tries to console the two chastened young men with the moral that women always act in this manner - cosi fan tutte. Celebration of the sisters’ betrothal to the Albanians is in full swing, when a drumroll is heard in the distance, announcing the supposed return of the officers.
- Audio Described - Cosi fan tutte 2020. This version of the film has an Audio Description narration, and is preceded by a brief spoken introduction to give some background information and an overview of the main visuals. If you want to skip this, you can go straight to the start of the film at 07:14.
All performers observe current physical distancing guidelines throughout the filming of this concert.
Filmed as live on 29 November 2020
Cosi Fan Tutte Opera Krakowska
Running time approx. 2 hrs 20 mins
Sung in Italian
With thanks to The Robertson Trust & Scottish Opera's Emerging Artists Benefactors