We are going to explain how to download Juniper JunOS Olive image for GNS3 and how to use Juniper JunOS Olive image to perform the Juniper Router-based step by step lab exercises. Juniper is the second most popular Internetworking Operating System (IOS) platform after Cisco. This guide will explain how to add a secondary IP address to a network interface on RHEL / CentOS 7/8 server. There are different ways of adding a secondary IP address to a RHEL / CentOS network interface. On reviews.gns3.com, find the latest IT software guides, reviews, IT trends, and best practices for using modern tools to help you manage your IT processes more efficiently on a daily basis. Hurbad waa hoyga tababarka engineerada mustaqbalka ee kabaro cimliga computerka goob kasta iyo goor kasta.
By Arnab Roy Chowdhury
Arnab is a UI developer by profession and a blogging enthusiast. He has strong expertise in the latest UI/UX atrends, project methodologies, testing, and scripting.
More and more, companies are shifting their data to thecloud. And why wouldn’t they? After all, it’s no secret that cloud serviceshelp firms process bigger workloads without massive costs. But this comes witha major challenge: monitoring performance. Moreover, to get the most out ofyour cloud investment, it’s important to optimize. This is where cloudoptimization and monitoring tools come into the picture.
We know Amazon Web Services (AWS) is becoming the topchoice for companies thinking of migrating to the cloud. It’s also become amajor contributor to scaling and growing a business. But using AWS can be alittle complex. So, to combat this complexity, we need tools capable ofstreamlining cloud management. Before I list some of the best AWS monitoringtools, let’s discuss a bit more about why we need those tools.
Why Do We Need Optimization andMonitoring Tools?
The biggest advantage of the cloud is scalability. Youcan shrink or grow your cloud usage based on your business growth. But you mayhave noticed several factors leading to unwanted expenses.
- Youhave unused resources like old snapshots, former customer data, idle loadbalancers, or other things. Do you know what’s common between them? Theyconsume a great deal of storage space.
- Youhave some heavily underutilized systems.
- Yoursystems are running 24/7—even on idle days when there’s no need for all thesystems. This scenario often happens in the case of multi-cloud architecture.
These scenarios and many others may cause you to payhuge bills. Already worried? Well, we’ve got AWS optimization and monitoringtools to the rescue. These tools monitor your system and pinpoint idleresources and all the other areas you can optimize. The tools often do so withartificial intelligence. Once you have the report of problematic areas, you canact accordingly. You can also follow the steps recommended by these tools tooptimize your AWS systems. Once you’re done, you’ll notice a significant budgetreduction when paying the next bill.
So, are you all clear as to why you need AWSoptimization and monitoring tools? Let’s move on to the next section, wherewe’ll discuss the six best optimization and monitoring tools for AWS.
6 Best AWS Optimization and MonitoringTools
The complexity of AWS cloud services demands thatcompanies have tools for monitoring their AWS products. Let’s discuss six AWSmonitoring and optimization tools. We’ll also find out the reason behind theirgrowing popularity among users.
Fed up with slow-running queries? Is inefficient code leading to performance issues? SolarWinds®AppOptics™ for AWS monitoring is here to the rescue. Install the tool and add your AWS credentials. Within a few minutes, the tool provides you with an interactive dashboard and a well-designed user interface where you can view the health of your AWS apps. Apart from that, the tool also helps you with the following:
- Createa custom dashboard based on your needs
- Createcustom metrics apart from native metrics
- Receivereal-time alerts on HipChat or Slack
- Monitormultiple AWS accounts
And, with combined dashboards, AppOptics removes thebarrier between infrastructure and application metrics.
You can use the trial version of the tool free for 14days. After that, the license starts at $1,199. The price varies for custommetrics. For instance, for each EC2 host, custom metrics cost $7.50, billedannually. With that, you’ll get 200 custom metrics per month, along with EC2CloudWatch metrics.
Gns3 Aws Tutorial
We all know log monitoring is an excellent way to check a system for any runtime error. But if you have multiple logs generated from the AWS app, discovering issues and fixing them can be time-consuming.
Well, there’s no better way to monitor your AWS app than using SolarWinds Papertrail™. With Papertrail, you can:
- Havea centralized repository for all your logs, whether they’re on a private cloudor on AWS
- Useregular expressions to filter, search, and dig deep into your log data, thusspeeding up analysis
- Easilytroubleshoot errors—with log velocity analysis, you can find trends andpatterns for frequently occurring errors in your log data
Gns3 Aws Login
Papertrail has a free trial of 14 days. After that, theservices start at $7 per month and range up to $230 per month, with an optionto customize plans and pay only for the services you need.
Database Performance Monitor
SolarWinds Database Performance Monitor (DPM) is another tool to help you if you’re struggling with a complicated database that leads to performance issues because of slow queries. With DPM, you can:
- Monitorthe databases across your AWS applications in a web-based interactive userinterface.
- Easilyview the queries, how they perform, and the impact they have on your cloud database.
- Deploycode after comparing the time ranges. DPM has custom time frames to help youobserve how a query’s response changed after a new code deployment.
- Filterthe queries by host or text, apart from the time frame. Thus, you can find outif missing indexes or something else leads to a slow response.
- Viewthousands of metrics with the dashboard—or, if you want, create a customdashboard with only the metrics you care about. Dashboards are easier to createand share with your team.
DPM has a free trial of 14 days. After that, pricing starts at $2,840.
Developed by Zenoss Inc., the AWS ZenPack is an extension to monitor your AWS resources. You can use this tool to monitor Amazon EC2, Relational Database Service (RDS), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudWatch, and many other services.
- Ifyou’re migrating, ZenPack helps you monitor your AWS systems before, during,and after migration—thereby helping with smooth migration. You can evenidentify unwanted equipment, which can help you get rid of those components andreduce the transition cost.
- Apartfrom your systems, you can use this ZenPack to monitor guest operating systems.
- TheAWS ZenPack pulls CloudWatch metrics once every five minutes. Thus, you canmonitor subnet components, track Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)buckets, and regions, all in real time.
The AWS ZenPack is available as an open-source tool.However, to get the AWS ZenPack, you’ll need to purchase the enterprise versionof Zenoss.
Gns3 Ios Supported
Server & Application Monitor
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM) was designed to monitor virtual and physical servers. With its evolution, SAM currently has a lot of features for monitoring AWS resources.
- Thetool automatically detects cloud instances before the user starts monitoringthem.
- SAMfeatures an interactive dashboard. As soon as you start operating, the toolpulls the cloud service APIs and metrics you can measure.
- Thecustomizable alert system keeps you updated with any changes in your AWS cloudsystem.
SAM has a free trial of 30 days. After that, the price starts at $2,995.
Gns3 Server Aws
Do you want to use an AWS monitoring tool with a simpler setup? Weave Scope should be your choice.
- Integrationand setup are effortless. No agents, kernel modules, or special libraries areneeded. The tool automatically detects hosts, processes, and containers.
- WeaveScope monitors your containers, Docker hosts, and services in real time. Youcan easily detect and fix issues, ensuring a stable AWS app with zeroperformance issues.
- Thedashboard will show you metadata, tags, and metrics related to a host, service,or container. The interactive user interface helps you easily navigate from oneprocess to another.
Weave Scope is free for 14 days. After that, the pricesvary according to your usage.
Get Better Control Over Performance Dataand Insights With These AWS Optimization and Monitoring Tools
At present, AWS takes up to 41.5% usage share in the cloud market, making it the most popular cloud service. In the future, more companies will realize the benefits of migrating to the cloud. Despite its huge advantage, AWS can be a little complex when it comes to fixing performance issues and finding a solution to optimize costs. Thus, it calls for implementing cloud optimization and monitoring tools. Of course, there’s no shortage of tools for managing and monitoring the cloud. Check the features of each tool to choose the one best for your needs.
This post was writtenby Arnab Roy Chowdhury. Arnab is a UI developer byprofession and a blogging enthusiast. He has strong expertise in the latestUI/UX trends, project methodologies, testing, and scripting.