Thomas Kalmaku, from Green Lantern vol. 4, #35 (Nov. 2008). Art by Ivan Reis.
|First appearance||Green Lantern vol. 2, #2 (Oct. 1960)|
|Created by||John Broome|
|Team affiliations||Ferris Aircraft|
|Supporting character of||Hal Jordan|
Thomas 'Pieface' Kalmaku is a fictional character, a supporting character associated with Green Lantern in comic books published by DC Comics. He was created by writer John Broome and pencilerGil Kane.
Pieface23's official website powered by Streamlabs. Jack McDermott (born January 23, 1992) is famous for being twitch star. She currently resides in United States. Otherwise known as Pieface23, he is a popular Twitch gamer with more than 20,000 followers on the popular streaming site. R/Pieface23: A subreddit for the myth the legend Pieface23.
Fictional character biography
Thomas Kalmaku was introduced in Green Lantern vol. 2, #2 (Oct. 1960) as a young Inuk mechanic at Ferris Aircraft, also the employer of test pilot Hal Jordan. In the Silver Age he was referred to as Pieface; however, this has not been used for some time. As one journalist described:
Hal Jordan's mechanic was an Inuit unfortunately called 'Pieface'—and despite fan speculation, that comes not from the ice-cream treat Eskimo Pie, which goes unmentioned in the early comics, but from an existing term for 'a person with a round face and a blank ... expression', according to the 1960 edition of The Dictionary of American Slang. Yet Thomas Kalmaku, as he was formally named, was Jordan's smart, capable, and always respectfully depicted best friend, eventually becoming a business executive and more. As played by Taika Waititi in the [2011 Green Lantern ] film, he's an aerospace engineer.
In his early appearances, Kalmaku had a girlfriend named Tegra. They later married, but have since separated.
Kalmaku was one of the few people who knew Jordan's secret and kept a journal of Green Lantern's adventures, which he later published as a biography of Jordan. In several stories, as a non-costumed sidekick, he either assisted the hero or required rescuing.
During the Millennium crossover, Kalmaku is revealed to be one of the 'Chosen' who forms the New Guardians. He has the superpower to bring out the best in people. He resides with the team for some time on a small island. When Guy Gardner appears on a boat to take over the team, Tom tries to calm the situation, as he and the team only wish to help Guy with his obvious anger problems. The situation degenerates and Guy is forcibly removed from the island by the power of Gloss. Later, Tom leaves the team to be with his family.
The graphic novelLegacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan focuses on Kalmaku and his immense difficulty dealing with the aftermath of Jordan's rampage and killings. In it, he goes on a final mission on Jordan's behalf, eventually reconstructing the planet Oa and the Great Battery and mending his relationship with his son, daughter, and wife.
It is later revealed that he is about to become an equal partner in Carol Ferris's aircraft company. It is also mentioned that the Guardians of the Universe once offered Kalmaku a power ring, but that he turned it down, with a simple 'Naw'. It had originally been revealed in Legacy that Kalmaku was Jordan's choice to be his replacement.
Kalmaku was briefly featured in the Green Lantern: Secret Origin storyline, which reworked some of the earlier parts of the Green Lantern mythos. In this new origin, Kalmaku greatly disliked being called 'Pieface' by an arrogant pilot, and was defended by Jordan, who had just joined Ferris Aircraft.
DC: The New Frontier
Tom makes a brief appearance in Darwyn Cooke's DC: The New Frontier miniseries (2003–2004), which is an alternate-universe story set in the 1950s. Here, Thomas angrily objects to the name Pieface when Hal Jordan first uses it, but quickly forgives him when he realizes there was no ill intent (Jordan had just overheard other pilots using the nickname).
In the alternate timeline of the Flashpoint event, Thomas Kalmaku is still Hal Jordan's aide. While inspecting an alien Abin Sur's survivor crashed aircraft, Tom and Hector Hammond are studying the spaceship technology as a stealth aircraft. After Hal's death, Tom gives Carol Ferris a gift from Hal saying that he always loved her.
In other media
- A similar character called Kairo appeared in The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure voiced by Paul Frees. Like Tom, Kairo knew Green Lantern's secret identity and like Tom, Kairo was a mechanic.
- Tom Kalmaku appears in the Young Justice episode 'Depths' voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Taika Waititi portrays Tom Kalmaku in the live-action film, Green Lantern. Tom is an aerospace engineer working at Ferris Aircraft, in addition to being Hal Jordan's best friend and the first person Hal turns to after he receives his power ring.
- Tom Kalmaku makes a brief cameo appearance in Justice League: The New Frontier.
- ^Cowsill, Alan; Irvine, Alex; Korte, Steve; Manning, Matt; Wiacek, Win; Wilson, Sven (2016). The DC Comics Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Characters of the DC Universe. DK Publishing. p. 164. ISBN978-1-4654-5357-0.
- ^Lovece, Frank (Jun 11, 2011). 'Shedding light on 'Green Lantern''. Newsday. Newsday Media. Retrieved June 18, 2011.
- ^Johns, Geoff (w), Acuña, Daniel (a), Acuña, Daniel (col), Lanham, Travis (let), Tomasi, Peter (ed). 'Mystery of the Star Sapphire: Part 1' Green Lantern v4, 18 (May 2007), New York, NY: DC Comics
- ^Johns, Geoff (w), Reis, Ivan (p), Albert, Oclair (i), Mayor, Randy (col), Leigh, Rob (let), Berganza, Eddie (ed). 'Secret Origin: Book 2' Green Lantern v4, 30 (June 2008), New York, NY: DC Comics
- ^Schlagman, Adam (w), Oliver, Ben (a), Passalaqua, Allen (col), Abbott, Wes (let), Cunningham, Brian (ed). 'Rising Tide' Flashpoint: Hal Jordan 1 (August 2011), New York, NY: DC Comics
- ^Schlagman, Adam (w), Richards, Cliff (a), Passalaqua, Allen (col), Abbott, Wes (let), Cunningham, Brian (ed). 'Beware Its Power!' Flashpoint: Hal Jordan 2 (September 2011), New York, NY: DC Comics
- ^Schlagman, Adam (w), Richards, Cliff (a), Passalaqua, Allen (col), Abbott, Wes (let), Cunningham, Brian (ed). 'Hard-Travelling Hero' Flashpoint: Hal Jordan 3 (October 2011), New York, NY: DC Comics
- ^Aaron (November 7, 2009). 'Saturday Morning 1967- Green Lantern'. Silver Age Gold. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
- ^Kit, Borys (March 16, 2010). 'Two kiwi actors join 'Green Lantern''. Reuters. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved June 17, 2011.
- Deliver and maintain services, like tracking outages and protecting against spam, fraud, and abuse
- Measure audience engagement and site statistics to understand how our services are used
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
- Deliver and measure the effectiveness of ads
- Show personalized content, depending on your settings
- Show personalized or generic ads, depending on your settings, on Google and across the web
Pieface23 DancingFor non-personalized content and ads, what you see may be influenced by things like the content you’re currently viewing and your location (ad serving is based on general location). Personalized content and ads can be based on those things and your activity like Google searches and videos you watch on YouTube. Personalized content and ads include things like more relevant results and recommendations, a customized YouTube homepage, and ads that are tailored to your interests.
Pieface23 Net Worth